Genius Brands International, Inc. Issues Shareholder Letter
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Dec. 04, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Genius Brands International, Inc. “Genius Brands” (NASDAQ: GNUS), the global brand management company that creates and licenses multimedia entertainment content for children, released a letter to shareholders from Chairman & CEO Andy Heyward. The complete letter follows:
RAINBOW RANGERS -- #1 SHOW, KIDS 2-11, #1 SHOW, GIRLS 2-5 WITHIN 3RD WEEK OF SERIES LAUNCH ON NOV. 5TH ON NICK JR.
I would like to take a moment to share with you some incredibly exciting news on our new preschool show, Rainbow Rangers, on Nick Jr. The ratings and statistics surrounding the Rainbow Rangers launch have been fantastic, but the best news was the Nielsen ranking released this last Friday, for the week of November 19.
- Rainbow Rangers was the #1 Nielsen ranked kid’s series of 19 series on Nick Jr., by its third week on the air (see Ratings Ranker Nielsen chart below).
- Up to 170% retention from lead-in series Shimmer & Shine in its 2nd week on the air, w/o Nov. 19.
- The average retention of Rainbow Rangers is 131% from the lead in.
- Rainbow Rangers average co-viewership (Parents & Kids) is 260,000, with retention and growth increasing daily.
- Nick Jr. added “Encore Runs” as a result of a successful performance, including Primetime Sunday, Nov. 25 between 8-9PM, where it became the #1 show on Nick Jr. for the week, by its 3rd week on the air. (see Ratings Ranker Nielsen chart below).
Chairman and CEO
Genius Brands International
#1 Program Per Network (K2-11) wk of 11/19/18:
- Adult Swim – DRAGON BALL Z KAI (0.23)
- Baby First TV – COLOR CREW SATURDAY (0.04)
- Boomerang – SCOOBYDOO-STAGE FRIGHT (0.19)
- Discovery Family Channel – MY LITTLE PONY: VERY MINTY CHRISTMAS (0.07)
- Disney Jr – MICKEY’S TWICE UPON A CHRISTMAS (0.93)
- Disney XD – ZOOTOPIA (0.41)
- Nick Jr – RAINBOW RANGERS (0.56)
- Nick at Nite– SPONGEBOB MOVIE: OUT OF WATER (0.57)
- Nickelodeon – SPONGEBOB ATLANTIS PANTIS (1.29)
- Nicktoons – SPONGEBOB (0.24)
- Universal Kids - AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR JR (0.07)
- Teen Nick – SAM & CAT (0.18)
- The Cartoon Network – ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS: THE ROADCHIP (0.59)
INVESTOR RELATIONS CONTACT:
PLR Investor Relations
212.564.4700 | email@example.com
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/0882e7af-ceee-40e1-a86f-0b8b775721c7
Released December 4, 2018